Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Dad Rocks Competition 2010

Happy Fathers' Day to all of the dads, granddads, and role models out there!


To honor Dads at Cypress we hosted for the second year in a row the My Dad Rocks contest. We wanted to post here the entries of honorable mention.

Later this morning during our services we'll announce the winner!

My dad rocks because he is honestly the most humble, genuine and caring person I have ever met. He has shown me the ultimate example of unconditional love & taught me through example that it is in giving that we receive. He has also been the spiritual leader in our house growing up & is the sole reason our family started attending church on a regular basis since birth & still does until this day.

My dad has been there to support & guide me every step of the way throughout my entire life. From sharing tears with me after I lost the spelling bee in 2nd grade to sitting out in the cold to watch me cheer at every high school & college football game over the years, I cannot think of a time in my life when he has not been there for me. He has been my spiritual coach, financial advisor, biggest fan & best friend.

Because of this, I feel so blessed to nominate Lee Staton, who just turned 76 on May 28th! However, I’m sure he would be too humble to accept any prize or recognition for this contest. That is just another example of what I love about him!
~ Gina Staton Logan


My dad rocks because:

· He’s young, strong, very handsome, loving, smells good (after his shower) and has a nice smile and dimple

· he works hard so my mom, me and my sister can have a nice house, clothes and go on exciting vacations

· he sprayed for monsters when me and my sister were little so we were never afraid of the dark

· when we get hurt, he takes good care of us

· gives awesome dolphin rides in the pool

· plays baseball, football, and soccer with us so we can excel in our sport

· if he has to, he will help with homework

· he takes and picks me up from school (my friends think he’s my brother)!

· if we need or want something, we always ask him first, because mom always says no

· he is without a doubt the best wrestler in the entire world, and he sometimes lets us win

· he is not crazy about roller coasters, but will ride with me over and over again

· the best thing about my dad is that he loves me and my sister, and that will never ever change..we can count on it.

~ Bekah and Brooke Kashtan


My dad rocks because of his astounding ability to remain the most masculine man we know, while being surrounded by seven females. It takes a real man to endure the challenges, and the daily obstacles of coping with watching those six little girls, develop into six beautiful women. His patience is inconceivable! Along with his capability to understand we’re far from perfect, and his undying love for every imperfection we throw his way. Superman may save everyone from bad guys, but daddy kept the monsters out from under the bed; and those everyday boys far away, far too well. He has never told us how to live our lives; he has lived his, and provided us the chance to watch. Although, he would never deny a challenge himself; he made it very evident that we would never be forced to face them on our own. It takes one amazing man to be a comical genius, a parent, a hero, a spiritual guide, a shoulder to cry on, someone to run to, and a best friend; and to be aware and around, whenever he is needed. Our daddy is the strongest man we know; physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. He has never needed a title, no number one dad, because he knows without a shadow of a doubt; he is the best. And there is not one man in this world, who could handle everything he does; with the same undeniable smile on his face. We really do appreciate everything about you, daddy. You are our hero!

Love, the six of us. (submitted to honor Bruce Boltze by Daphne Boltze)

My Dad rocks because he always makes me feel better in tough times. When I was a little girl, I had lost my two front teeth, I was so mortified. I was crying like crazy when all of a sudden my Dad turns around and his front teeth are gone too! I immediately stopped crying and began to laugh hysterically. Apparently when my dad was young he had gotten into an accident and lost his front teeth and has had partials ever since. I had no clue! To this day at the age of 28 he can still make me feel like the day of my missing teeth, loved, special and never alone. I may have gotten money from the tooth fairy that day, but the feeling and memory will forever be priceless and last a lifetime!

Missing tooth laughter with Dad - Priceless!

It doesn't really matter if I win this contest, I have already won with the Best Dad!




No comments: