Tuesday, June 22, 2010

From Michelle

So everyone told me I should blog on my trip. I hope I'm doing this right...I figured I should start by talking about myself first. My name is Michelle. Yes I'm 17 years young and the youngest on the trip BUT that does not mean I can't handle it. My family is incredibly supportive of my goals and dreams this one included. I couldn't do this without them.

My church family is amazing as well. They keep me in prayers and if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be going on this trip.Well we leave in 3 days. I have a to-do list thats probably a mile long. Odds are... I won't get it done. But in my own defense i am a teenager...

Yesterday a few of us met at the church at 9 am to pack the suitcases that we're donating in haiti. People donated some really great stuff and it was amazing to see how much people pull toether to help those in need. Well while we're going through these clothes we were saying how ugly some of these items were and how we would NEVER wear them. I had no idea how spoiled i was until yesterday. Whenever someone would say that to me I'd pull the "I've been working since i was 14!" line. I bagged groceries...poor me. These people have nothing and are so grateful for anything. I think we all need to be told that we're not better than anyone and our standards are slightly ridiculous.

I know I'm going to make a difference and try to change the world... but i have a feeling I'll be one changing the most."so what could i say? and what could i do? but offer this heart oh god completely to you."well until next time,<3 michelle

No comments: