Wednesday, June 23, 2010

From Paul

Hello everyone,I took my first malarone malaria pill this morning. It really hit me that I'm going. The next step is getting on the plane Friday morning. Yep, in less than 2 days I'll be in Haiti for the first time since 1985. I wasn't sure I'd be able to go when Pastor Douglas asked for people to step up but through the grace of God, family and friends I will be. I vividly remember when Pastor Douglas gaves us the "smack down" because it gave me what I like to call my "Blues Brothers moment."

Remember near the start of the movie when Jake and Elwood are in the church where James Brown asks "DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?!" Then a light shines down on Jake and he screams "I SEE THE LIGHT!" That's what happened to me so thank all of you for the opportunity to go do God's work. I'm sure we'll all come back just a little different.

God Bless,Paul Hayes

2 comments:

Amy & Ein said...

Hello from BACK HOME

We have missed you ALL DAY! Erin is fine, sleeping in her Graco here at school - you should be in Haiti by now.
Just wanted to let you know all is well. we are thinking of you and love you. Let God talk to you while you are gone - I am sure he has a lot to say ... so shhh and listen. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul, we are doing fine here. I saw Amy and Erin at church this morning. We miss you guys and we are praying for you. Please tell Hans, we love him and miss him.

Thanks! God Bless you all! We are praying for everyone there!

Connie and Keegan