Sunday, May 15, 2011

Did I find a rope or lose my horse? (from Douglas Poole)


Dear Cypress Family and Friends,

Ever hear the saying: “I’m so busy...I don’t know if I found a rope or lost my horse”. Ever felt that way...sure you have? Well welcome to Cypress world this week. This weekend we have an Orange X-plosion family night on Friday. Saturday brings a half day meeting of the Governing Board, a church service, the Kenya trip fund raiser and oh did I mention that a candidate for the student ministry staff position will be with us as well. Sunday is just the usual two morning worship services and student ministry that night. And lest I forget we are in full prep mode for the 30thCelebration on June 5. As if that is not enough, personally my daughter, Bethany has her Senior Prom on Saturday and I leave for Haiti early thirty Sunday morning.

So this rope I’m holding...did I find it or lose a horse?

It’s a really good thing I am surrounded by and work with some really smart and capable staff and volunteers who do the heavy lifting on all this.

My prayer mantra as I head into this weekend is...”fully present, fully engaged”. I want to be fully present with the people around me and fully engaged in everything I’m doing. “Fully present, fully engaged”.

Just two quick things and I’ve got to go back to solving the mystery of this rope I’m holding:
1.     The service for the 30th Cypress Yea God Celebration is shaping up to be a powerhouse. In a recent planning session for the event, everyone around the table had a moment where God’s Spirit moved close enough to us that we all got goose bumps. Don’t, and I repeat, Don’t miss it! Sunday June 5, 5:30 at Countryside High School auditorium.
2.       Support the “Meadowers” going to Kenya this summer by attending the chili cook-off and auction after the Saturday night church service. You can view items to be auctioned at: http://cypressmeadows.org/blog/kenya/2011/05/11/auction-items-saturday-chili-cook-off-and-auction/

Blessings,

The guy holding a rope and mumbling.


No comments: