Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bethany's Dad (from Douglas Poole)


Dear Cypress Family and Friends,

I am standing in the middle of a pile of memories today that have flooded my heart and mind with an odd mix of emotions. Today is the last day of High School for the last child in our family...Bethany. Some of you have been where I am now and you know what I’m talking about don’t you...to you I would ask: celebrate and soul sigh with me. Others of you see a lot of runway ahead of you before this day arrives on your calendar...to you I would say what my prayer partner, Art, once said to me: “The days go by slow, the years go by fast” so capture every memory you can. And boy oh boy was Art ever right in that advice.

Next week she will walk across a stage, receive a diploma and go on to her next adventure in life. Next week I will bask in Fatherly pride of the wonderful young woman who has somehow managed to give her dad a few gray hairs yet keep him young at the same time. I will wonder where did the years go, she will marvel at how long it took to get to this moment. But we both will celebrate this milestone and thank God we got to do it together. Am I a blessed man or what!

This weekend all of Cypress will stand together in the memory of a Savior who went to a bloody cross on our behalf as we come to the communion table. Don’t  miss it. We will also wrap up the “Best Question Ever” series.

Then the following weekend Cypress celebrates the big three-0. Talk about memories...man this just isn’t fair to put all this in one week...for crying out loud somebody throw a flag for emotional piling on here!

Blessings,

Bethany’s Dad
(A.K.A.: Sarah...Jonathan...Michael’s Dad)

No comments: