Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 1 - Traveling & Amsterdam

Spent the first part (or the last part) on a plane flying from Memphis to Amsterdam. We took advantage of the 8 hour layover and caught the train into the city to spent a few hours walking around.

This is an odd city. Beautiful buildings cracking and leaning into the streets from the 1600's. Ornate chapels with hand painted murals, meticulously designed mosaics - most standing empty or since converted to a restaurant or museum. And all kinds of trouble to get in on these streets. Most over the top obscene, but still probably good I'm traveling with my senior pastor...I just kept looking forward.

We are now in the airport waiting to board our final flight on our way to Kenya. Another eight hour flight.

Tomorrow we start shooting. I'm excited and nervous about what I'm walking into.

-Chris (and Douglas)

No comments: