Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Private Worship Day 7 - Enough

Enough
Author: Chris Tomlin

Scripture References: Psalm 103
Verse Text: Psalm 103:1-5 “Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits…who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”




I still remember Louie handing me a torn piece of paper from his journal just before the 2001 Passion tour was to hit the road. On it was written this thought among others; “all of you is more than enough for all of me… for every thirst…for every need.” I thought this was such an important and refreshing truth. A truth not just for an audience, but a truth for me personally. Let’s face it, we live in a broken world and we live broken lives. There is so much advertisement today for the “other side of the fence, greener grass” life. TV, magazines, Internet, everywhere you turn, it’s one big plug for that “something else” to make life just grand. And since man and woman first came on the scene, it’s the same trick, the same lie. And the lie just leaves us empty and more unsatisfied every time.
That’s why I love Psalm 103.
v. 1-5 “Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits...who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
God is enough! Way more than enough! In your loneliest and most broken times, he is the one who satisfies. I am not writing from some place I’ve never been. I know what it is like to feel lonely. I know how it feels to lose someone very close. And I know the game of chasing a temporary fix that just leaves you more desperate.

That piece of torn paper had so much to say. Attributes of God were scribbled randomly all over it. And this statement kept appearing in the midst of them… “And still more awesome than I know.” I would encourage you to do this as well. Write down on a journal page the most amazing and beautiful attributes of God you can conceive. Let it be a worship time to God. And end it with, “and still more awesome than I know.” One day the “coming King” will appear and we will see just how awesome.

HT: www.worshiptogether.com
http://worshiptogether.com/resources/bibleStudy.aspx?iid=215749

No comments: