Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sometimes (from Douglas Poole)


Dear Cypress Family and Friends,

Sometimes I stagger under the weight of God’s amazing love for a wretch like me. Sometimes  my mind reels at the thought of my God dying for me. Sometimes hope explodes in my spirit. This upcoming weekend is one of those ‘sometimes’. Tomorrow is Good Friday...Sunday is Easter.

I hope you will join me at the Cypress observances of Good Friday and Easter. Good Friday is an intimate, quiet and personal time of reflection on Christ’s great sacrifice of love on the cross for us by partaking of communion. (Just show up at any time during one of the three blocks of the day: 7-9; 11-1; or 5:30-7:30).

The Easter Celebration  will be just that...unleashed joy coupled with untamed grace. This will be the 30th Easter teaching I have given as a Pastor and I can’t remember any other Easter teaching I have been this amped to deliver and this sure that a God-thing is about to happen. If you have people in your relational world that you want to introduce to your Jesus...do anything short of sin to get them here! Really! (Pray that I may be clear...bold...and spilling over with God’s favor.)

All of earth couldn’t stop Him from going to the cross. All of hell couldn’t keep Him in the grave. All of heaven rejoices at a resurrected Savior. And may all of Cypress honor Him this weekend. Come to His table...honor the one who died for you. Come to a Saturday night or
Sunday morning Easter Service. Bring others with you...He is risen...He is risen indeed!

Blessings,

Douglas
PS. Bring your Haiti H20 offerings from lent.

No comments: