Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stoked (from Douglas Poole)


Dear Cypress Family and Friends,

I get to do four things I'm stoked about this weekend:

1. I have a Saturday morning date with Jacque...a four mile hike through the swamps and woods. What an incurable romantic sap I am.

2. On Saturday night and Sunday morning I will roll out for Cypress where God is taking us in the next two years and I am so amped about what we get to do I almost leaped out of my skin thinking about it earlier today! Really, if you strapped a heart monitor to my chest when I think about the fact that I get to be a part of a serious God-thing the next two years...it would beep and smoke and flash, "Danger,danger,danger!" Whatever you do this weekend..don't miss being in one of the services.

3. On Sunday afternoon I get to hang out with and enjoy my kids and granddaughters. I absolutely love being a dad and papa!

4. Sunday night I drive to Miami to catch the first flight out to Port au Prince Monday morning. I am not so stoked about reentering the poverty, pain, suffering and chaos that is Haiti. I am excited about spending time with and pouring into some young leaders I have come to love. Young leaders who are helping to write a better story in hundreds of lives in a place where tragedy is the norm. If you want to follow my little adventure I'll be tweeting about it real time and you can dial in by texting "follow DouglasDPoole" to 40404 on your smart phone or by signing up DouglasDPoole on twitter.

Hope you get to do something this weekend that you can get stoked about!

Blessings,

Douglas

No comments: