Thursday, March 12, 2009

A long...long day

9:30 at night, and I am falling over as I type. Our day started at 4:45 this morning. We woke to the sounds of a church singing...loudly. It was on one hand a beautiful sound, and on the other hand, just %@#$ me off. We were told at breakfast that the church across the street has a morning service each day at 5:00. I eventually gave up the fight to get back to sleep and climbed up on the roof to watch the day begin.

For the rest of the day, we fit a weeks worth of work into a one day visit. We squeezed every potential drop out of the day. It was both exciting and exhausting being chased all day by hordes of screaming children wanting to rub my head and hold my hand. I met so many beautiful children today, got excited and proud of the work we are doing here with the school, saw the potential of a new generation of hope rising in Haiti, and got to spend a lot of time with a few of the sharpest minds in Haiti (the guys running our school).

I have so much in my heart, but my head is done for the day.

-Chris
PS.
Chris is right...a very long day...I left nothing on the table today so by now I feel as if I have nothing to say which would coherently capture the day and do justice to what needs to be said. So for tonight I will let the pictures speak on our behalf. Tomorrow will begin long before the sun rises and we retrace our steps back home. Somewhere as we sit in airports or ride on planes we will work to find the words that deserve to be said about these last three days...so check the blog sometime tomorrow night. Au revoir -Douglas







No comments: