Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Cosmic Switch (from Douglas Poole)


Dear Cypress Family and Friends,

“There are times when life throws a cosmic switch that moves the tracks beneath us...hurling our lives headlong in a new and uncertain direction. Of these times three things are certain: It’s best we don’t know what’s ahead. We can never go back. God and His grace will sustain us.”

Yesterday I sent these words to a friend whose life has just been set on a new course that is not of their choosing.  Their future looks...different and a little uncertain. The bridge to the past has been burnt down. But their one constant, their one hope, their ballast...is God and His grace.

I decided to send this out to you today as well because...life seems to be no respecter or persons and maybe just maybe the tracks beneath you have just shifted and you are being sent in a new and uncertain direction that is not of your choosing. If so, you are not alone...and you are not forsaken. I don’t know what it is, how deep it hurts or how unjust the whole deal seems. I just know: It’s best we don’t know what’s ahead. We can never go back. God and His grace will sustain us.

If this is not for you...maybe it is for someone you know.

Okay a quick word about this weekend. It’s baptism weekend at Cypress this weekend. Don’t miss it. Let me say that again..don’t miss it! Saturday night at 6; Sunday at 9:15 or 11. We get to break in the new dock and deck!! Woohoo!

On Monday Jacque and I head to Kenya for a couple of weeks of working with our partners at Springs of Hope. Prayers appreciated. I’ll do my best to send you my Friday e-note and keep you up-dated.

Blessings,
Douglas

No comments: