Monday, May 3, 2010

Been To Haiti, Drank the Water, Got the Bug, and I Didn't Even Get the T-Shirt

Oh yes, I've been to Haiti. The handful of times I had been before this one was just preparing me for this trip. Crazy things this time - lost my iPhone, had to sleep outside in the rain, 3 hour church services every night (and some days multiple) almost entirely in Creole, and now the stomach funk.

I spent most of the night last night wearing out a path to the toilet. Good news - I'm headed home and tomorrow it will all just be great stories.

(Side note - Having "the funk" made me even more determined to get clean water to these people who have to regularly fight through what I've been whining about having the last couple days)

-c

PS - Douglas said, "Been there done that…"

No comments: